The Revenant Express by George Mann



The Revenant Express is the fifth novel in the Newbury and Hobbes series. Sir Maurice Newbury must race across Europe as his assistant Veronica lies close to death, her heart severely wounded. He has commissioned a clockwork heart from Faberge and must travel to St Petersburg accompanied by Veronica's sister Amelia to collect it. However things do not run smoothly, the pair find a dead body in their compartment and it becomes clear that there is someone murderous aboard. I'm a big fan of George Mann and having read his contemporary supernatural mystery books Wychwood and Hallowdene I am now catching up on his backlist so I haven't read all of the previous instalments of Sir Maurice and Veronica's adventures, however although I didn't know all of the details leading up to the events of this book I had no trouble dropping into the story and appreciating the fast paced plot and the engaging characters. If you enjoy historical crime and mystery infused with steampunk and horror then you will certainly enjoy this series. The Revenant Express is available now from Titan Books who kindly sent me a copy to review.

Titan have also offered a copy to be won today over on my twitter page. Check it out below.
https://twitter.com/LisaReadsBooks

Comments