I Return



This month I have been taking part in the annual madness that is Nanowrimo. This is my fourth year to take part and I love it. There are a great bunch of dedicated writers in the local group and a great camaraderie which sustains me even if I know 50,000 words in a month is out of my reach.

The idea of not "winning" doesn't bother me in the least I know that I simply can't work at the pace required. To get to 50,000 words, writers need to churn out 1667 words a day and at the moment at least that is not feasible for me. However it is writing as often as possible and being part of a larger group of people who are all trying to achieve the same thing that keeps me going.

I have had renewed writing mojo not least because I have put my hugely complicated dual time novel to one side and am working my way through a gothic YA novel instead. I am about one third of the way through my first draft and I hope to finish in the new year.

I apologise for my long absence from the blog as a result of my furious scribbling. I do have a back log of interviews to post up and books to review which I will get to as soon as I can, but my focus right now or even write now is on my own book.

Comments

  1. Welcome back! I do admire those plucky souls who even attempt Nanowrimo, 1667 words a day for a month, connected words (!) sounds like a near impossible task to me.
    S.x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment