Fallible Justice by Laura Laakso



I loved this book from the moment I heard about it. For starters it has a gorgeous cover, which gives an intriguing hint about the story (cover design by Jennie Rawlings) and I was also excited because the book was being published by an amazing small publisher Louise Walters Books. Fallible Justice is the first book in the paranormal crime series Wilde Investigations. Yannia Wilde takes on the task of investigating a murder, Ilana Marsh wants Yannia's help to prove her father's innocence, although her father Jonathan has been found guilty by the Heralds who are said to be infallible. With only a few days to find out what really happened Yannia and her assistant Karrion have to work hard travelling through the paranormal world of Old London and beyond. The plot revolves around the investigation and is itself compelling and rewarding but it is the character development that makes this book a truly fascinating read. Yannia suffers from a chronic illness which can leave her tired and in a great deal of pain and the day to day of struggle of dealing with pain while trying to work, sleep and exercise is very skillfully outlined. Having a chronic illness myself I loved seeing this representation. I also loved the setting, The book straddles the paranormal and urban fantasy genres comfortably and the magic system intrigued me. I am really excited to read more from Laura Laakso and discover more about Yannia's world. Thanks so much to Louise for sending me a proof copy. Fallible Justice is out on November 8th.









Comments